Tuesday 28 July 2015

29/07/2015 Australian racing

Traded 23 races today - 18 wins and 5 losers for a $25.57 profit.

On the surface it looks like I had a great day but I made some big mistakes and got very lucky.  In one race I firstly overbet for no rational reason.  I then got caught out trying to squeeze the last tick out of the race and it went in running.  Then I hesitated when I saw that it went in running and risked a big loss.  As it was the horse jumped straight to the front and I got out 20 seconds into the race for my biggest win of the day.  A nice profit but a lesson in what not to do.
With a 3 to 1 win rate today I should have been able to make a nice profit without a lot of the risks that I took today. 
My problem started when I miss clicked twice in a few seconds which resulted in a $2 loss.  This was an honest mistake which didn't cost me too much but I then lost the plot and overbet in the above mentioned race which led to further mistakes.
I look forward to the day when I can post a profitable day without these easily avoided errors.

No comments:

Post a Comment