Sunday 2 August 2015

Self sabotage Saturday

What a shocker, and only myself to blame. 
Things I did wrong.
1) Overbet - check
2) Let a trade go in play - check
3) Have a trade go to my stop/loss and not get out - check
4) Unwilling to accept a small loss and suffer a much bigger loss - check

There are probably more errors that I made but these are the repeated errors which have cost me consistently.  They seem like easy mistakes to avoid yet I keep doing them.  This one cost me a massive $249.75 (massive for my stakes level).

The good news is that even with this shocker that I have had 85 winning trades and 39 losing trades.  This ratio of winners to losers is enough for me to show a profit if I can just stick to my rules.  IF

I have to learn that taking a loss is an unavoidable part of trading.  I can not have only winning trades no matter how much research I do.  So if taking a loss is unavoidable I have to find a way to accept this and take the loss at my stop/loss point and move on to the next trade.  I will find a way to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment