Sunday 9 August 2015

9/08/2015 UK racing

I have a few days off now so will hopefully have lots of opportunities to trade over the next 3 days.  I started off with the Sunday UK races.  I traded 29 races for 18 wins and 11 losses.  I was behind for some time and it took a lot for me not to overbet to try to get out.  As it was a few trades late in the day did very will for me without risking the bank which was another good reminder that I just have to grind away and the wins will add up.
A $12.65 profit for the night which is good for me on the UK racing as I find that it can be less predictable than the Australian racing. 
Still lots of work to be done on the mental side of trading.  I continue to have trouble accepting a small loss on a race even though I know that losing is unavoidable.  I make a point of giving myself a pat on the back when I get out for a small loss as avoiding the big loss is a large part of ensuring a profit at the end of the week.
Bet sizing is another area that I need to work on.  When I lay first I am alright but when I bet first I don't know how much to bet.  I tend to bet too much and am risking more per tick than I do on the lays so I will have to find a way of betting that gives me the same profit/loss per tick no matter what price I enter.

No comments:

Post a Comment